April...

Been busy and slack and I haven't updated my blog in agesssssss..... The thing taking up most of my time recently has been organising and running the Makers Boutique Exhibition on Brighton Seafront in the Fishing Quarter. I've been down there most days, in the freezing cold, where you can barely focus, clutching a hotwater bottle for protection, pondering rash thoughts like "how do you know when you have hypothermia?" I remember reading about people who have had near death experiences in the snow, and apparently you feel really hot before you go, not cold, so I consoled myself with this positive thought at my coldest times! And I have also over the past week enjoyed some glorious sunshine down there, and thats when it becomes the best place to be! Check out my view below. Not bad. 
My work is being exhibited there alongside 17 other fabulous talented artists all from the local area. Its on until 13th May so if your strolling along the seafront come check us out, more details can be found here...

We had a private view for it when it opened and I've never made so many Mojitos in my life, the smell of mass mint made me feel a bit sick afterwards. Mojito-ed out. 
                                   
Bean has been with me, harassing people to kick his tennis ball and barking at passing skateboarders / cyclists / pogo sticks / scooters / men with hiking sticks / the fish cart/ / helicopters / anything on wheels / etc etc etc...
He also likes to hunt his favourite food, the fish roll, outside the gallery, he stalks his prey carefully. Certain people are easy targets. Troy (pictured below) is not. 

 No Fish Roll
 Some beautiful flowers I was given by Sarah from BrightBunch who Brighton-ed up our last Makers Boutique market with beautiful blooms. They lasted for ages too....


 The sunshine has also brought out one of my favourite parts of the year, all the blooming trees, especially the Cherry Blossoms. Never thought I would see them its been so cold for so long!
 We had our markets at the Makers Boutique covered in Mollie Makes magazine which was pretty cool, they came and reviewed us back in February and then it came out in the last issue.
And I wrote an article over on Folksy about how to get your work into a gallery, you can read about that here...
 And more importantly I have been making a brand new collection of shell and metallic textile necklaces! I'm having a bit of moment with all the sunshine we have been having and felt inspired to expand on some of the pieces I designed for Brighton Fishing Quarter. But I'll post more about that soon.

Goodbye, untill next time...







Comments

Popular Posts