Break in Kernow...

It was my mums birthday and mothers day over the weekend, so the old phrase two birds, one stone, seemed appropriate as me and Bean braved the train down to Kernow for a few days.


My mum is always moaning she never sees any cool wildlife, my aunt recently swam with dolphins in Gorran Haven, up untill that point I had no idea dolphins were indigenous, I knew we had porpoises but not dolphins! Anyway on mums birthday we went on a mega walk like the family likes to often do! We were on the North Coast near Holywell Bay and saw 5 Grey Seals! It was so amazing they were just as interested in us and we climbed down the cliff and got really close to them. Birthday Seals!





Fun beachcombing finds, a nice rare turquoise!








Well deserved smartie cookie at Bowgie Inn after a 4 hour walk, was shattered afterwards.


Charlestown - one of my favourite places in Kernow, minutes from where my mum lives.


Bean with his ball on Porthpean beach, he kept chucking it into an old tyre washed up on the beach and then barking at us to pick it up and throw it.


Back home now and have updated the shop with some new items, see below, and also retook images of all my present stock in a new format. Steve is a bit of a pro at photography so he's been giving me lots of tips and I'm really pleased with the results!











Also making stock for the Brighton Fishing Quarter Exhibition I'm running and participating in starting 28th March. So excited to be working back down on the seafront this summer, hoping for some sunny days! If your local and free on 27th March we are holding a private view there 8pm onwards, im making mojitos too with fresh mint sourced from my friend who knows someone growing it in their allotment. Handmade, handgrown, should be a great evening. See www.makersboutique.co.uk for more deets ;-)



Goodbye, untill next time!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts