Ship Shape

Had a bit of a revelation, as artists usually do, late last night whilst Christmas shopping. My sister wanted a particular necklace which on closer inspection I thought, I could do that with wire and save myself a pretty pocket. I was inspired by the street artists who write people's names in wire, so thought I'd give it a go and it turned out awesome! But then this got me thinking about writing in wire and drawing with wire on sea glass, as you can obviously draw anything with a line.  I find it interesting as its much harder than it looks, your almost bending the wire in advance of what you want it to do, I'm more used to using tension techniques when wrapping...

I've been a bit addicted to writing words in wire today and have successfully managed "Ahoy" "Ship Shape" and "Captain" so far. Even Steve seems mildly impressed. Mildly. I like them so hope to do a few more and create a range in the New Year, the ones above are all brooches at the moment...

Goodbye, untill next time...

Comments

Popular Posts